filling the page to add space

Monday, March 1, 2010

Ode to Oreo

For all the joy you brought to me in the difficult teen years
for putting up with new puppies,
and high school boys highlighting your tail,
for baths as a kitten,
sleeping in my baby cradle--for a night at least--
for learning to come and sit,
for keeping Omega Way safe,
you'll be remembered by so many
for your special gift of winning hearts
even the most stubborn cat-haters fell for you!
So this one is for you, Oreo,
You'll be remembered and your memory cherished


I hope you get all the nummies and boxes you want in cat heaven!
Oreo, may you rest in peace.


Disclaimer: This is and is not in jest. While I really will miss my dear cat, I also can't resist a chance to be dramatic! :) Plus, hopefully this will help Amber to move through the grieving stage!


P.S. Oreo I promise to find a better picture, but until then...

1 comment:

  1. Cara,
    Good grief, that was healing. I will still need a little more time to mourn and cry my eyes out, but that put a positive spin on the whole ordeal. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete